changing IRQ

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 16:40:46 -0700

Carl Parrish wrote:

> Okay in my ongoing saga to get my soundcard up and running. I did a
> lspci -v -b which shows me that I have a IRQ conflict between my
> ethernet card and my soundcard (the one on board). Or between my video
> card and my soundcard (the pci card). What do I use to change the IRQ
> settings?

Depending on the cards you can set them via a jumper or with a
program...

when I had the same problem I found that it was caused in my BIOS by not
properly specifying that IRQ 10 was to be used by the ISA bus and IRQ 10
was ***not*** to be used by the PCI bus.  Yes, that is correct, it had
to be set in two places.

 EBo --