changing IRQ

Rusty Carruth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 08:33:08 -0700 (MST)

> Okay in my ongoing saga to get my soundcard up and running. I did a
> lspci -v -b which shows me that I have a IRQ conflict between my
> ethernet card and my soundcard (the one on board). Or between my video
> card and my soundcard (the pci card). What do I use to change the IRQ
> settings?

Depends.

If the cards have jumpers, set them.

If the cards are controllable under you bios, change them there.

Also, you may have luck with changing the 'pnp os' setting in your
bios.

Finally, if anything is pnp, you may be able to do something with
the pnp tools, see the man pages for details (sorry, I've not
fiddled with them enough other than to say that after using
pnpdump, you edit that file and can select things there sometimes,
then use that file to configure the pnp stuff.  I think.)

rc