CVS question

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 04 Sep 2001 23:13:19 -0700

"Derek A. Neighbors" wrote:

> I think you can make a module alias.  So in module files you make:
>
> boost    spirit/boost
> libs    spirit/libs

Ok...  Thanks.  I took a quick look and realize that I am going to have
to read a bit to figure this out, but at least I have a good reference
now ;-)

> Then you could do
>
> cvs co libs or cvs co boost instead of what you have below and it would
> create those directories.
>
> Here is the 'official word'
>
> http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/cvsbook.html#The_modules_File
>
> I can NOT stress enough this book is your friend.  It is really a
> plethora of information on CVS and its available online and in a
> multitude of formats.  I strongly suggest if you start beating on CVS as
> a user or administrator you download a copy for reference.  Plus Karl is
> a good guy, so if you like it buy the book and encourage him to write
> more good works. :)

;-) fair enough.  I have spent so little time meditating on the CVS bit
bucket that I know only the basics.  Thanks for the reference pointer!

  EBo --