basic server question

Eric plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 21:55:31 -0800

>>>Is one IP address sufficient for this configuration: Internet---DSL
>>>router---Linux firewall---Webserver--Host--, or do I need to pay qworst
>>>even more money?  Could you explain?  Thanks very much,

> The only reason you would need more than one static IP address is
> if you are offering two or more of the same service.

Ok, I have thought about this for a couple of days, and I am still confused.
Kurt (on the plug list) told me that if I have only one IP address, then
give it to give it to the firewall.  But between the firewall and the
Internet I have a cisco 675 dsl router. What kind of address does it get?

I cannot give it a private address because it *must* go in front of the
firewall, right?  My question is, if the firewall gets the static IP, what
kind of address do I give the DSL router?

Arghh, if only there was a linux driver for my Intel 2100 DSL NIC, this
would be so much easier...