New box + reformatting hdb1

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 04 Sep 2001 06:51:13 -0700

Kevin Brown wrote:

[snip]

> If the hard drives were already formatted when you got them, then they were not
> new/unopened.  I've seen Fry's sell "new" drives that already had partitions and
> files on them.  No new hard drive should have any partitions or formatting.

We bought a box of hard drives, still in the anti-static bags and
in the foam box.  Every one of them had Windows 98 on it ready to
click Accept to the EULA.  This was at PC Club in L.A.

If you buy the retail packaged hard drive, you are right.  I received
a Virus from one of those "new" drives - but then, almost everyone
has heard that story from me before.

George