xterm question

Bill Warner plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
03 Sep 2001 10:30:01 -0700

I just have to say

That is one of the coolest tricks I have seen in a long time

I guess because it is so easy.

:)

Bill Warner

On 31 Aug 2001 10:46:43 -0700, Kevin Buettner wrote:
> On Aug 31, 12:41pm, Furmanek, Greg wrote:
>
> > Now how would you write a script that would set the $PWD in the title bar?
>
> Take a look at how PROMPT_COMMAND gets set in /etc/bashrc on a Red Hat
> system.
>
> In case you don't have handy access to such a system, here's the
> relevant line...
>
> 	    PROMPT_COMMAND='echo -ne "\033]0;${USER}@${HOSTNAME}: ${PWD}\007"'
>
> Kevin

Bill Warner
Unix/Linux Admin.
Direct Alliance Corporation

Company required stuff:

Contents are Direct Alliance Corporation Confidential

This message is for the designated recipient(s) only and contains
Direct Alliance Corporation privileged and confidential information.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the original.  Any other use of this email is prohibited.