Linux PPC

Sam Mulvey plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 02:17:56 -0700

> True, but a Mach kernel is not a Linux kernel. I looked into running
> this on a 7100 that I had but it just didn't seem worth the effort.

That could be debated, actually.  It's a mach microkernel, sure, but without
the Linux bits it's pretty useless.  Just a different type of Linux kernel,
similar in classifcation to the RT/Linux kernel.

Even so, it's not really worth it.  It's still 2.0.38 last I checked, a huge
pain to install, and exceedingly slow besides.  But if you've got a NuBus Mac
and you really want to run Linux on it, there you are.

--
Sam Mulvey
sm@vis.nu