RH72 driving my freaking nuts

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 18:50:56 -0700

Digital Wokan wrote:

> Craig White wrote:

> > Awful easy to install perl-ssleay - isn't it available via cpan?
> >
> > ProFTP just isn't on the map on Redhat - they supply WUFTPD. I can't
> > believe that it is all that difficult to install but I haven't done it.
> >
> > Thankfully, none of the distro's are perfect because that would
> > eliminate all the other distro's and it's the competition and various
> > philosophies that spurs each one to continually improve.
> >
> > Craig
>
> Not saying I don't like or appreciate Red Hat.  I can understand
> including just one ftp server (and was ready to just sit down and deal
> with it).  But not to include Webmin (which I'd swear was in 7.1) seems
> nuts.  SSL-enabled Webmin is like having most of the power of pcAnywhere
> for Windows, but without the overhead of having to wait on graphical
> updates over the wire.
I would agree about webmin

Caldera funded development - they have always included it. I don't know
that any other distro included it.

To install SSLeay on webmin - download the tarball, untar it. cd into
Net_SSLeay.pm-1.05 and ./Makefile.PL (don't run test - it's broken now)
- supply "/usr" when it can't find where the basic perl binary is
located, then make & make install.

The Net_SSLeay is old and development on it has long since ceased.

Craig