Job

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 09:38:24 -0700

Hi Troy,

Troy wrote:

> you are defiantly not alone.. Im 3 months near my end-of-severance joys.
> Ive been firing out resumes to every thing I can find whether I am
> qualified or not (IT only of course..no burger king here :(  ) and have
> managed to get 1 inerview in 2 months.. uGh..
>
> Ive found recruiters to be dman near worthless even when you are a
> 'special recommended kinda guy'

I've noticed that myself.  But you can't blame them - if there are
no job orders, they can't place you, and they are out beating
the bushes.

The ones that I despise (A.P. and G.E. come to mind) are the ones
that advertise a position that doesn't exist so they can build up
a candidate pool.

> *shrug*
>
> Im also looking at a huge paycut.. so far I cant seem to find a job that
> nwats a unix admin for over 40k it seems...
>
> As a matter of fact, I saw a job posting for a company not to long ago
> that required a CCIE, Sun sol. certs, MCSE or equivilant and 5 years unix
> experience for 45k/year..
>
> what the hell kind of superman is going to take 45k?!

Hungry ones!

Let me tell you, the competition is keen in the valley.  I have
broadened my search and am finding many more employment
opportunities.  I just fired off six applications, ranging from
Director :) to PC Support :( - all at the same place.  I am
fully qualified for all of them, and it appears there is not
much competition for the positions.  Of course, they're about
6 miles from Mexico, so it's one hell of a commute :)

George