Micron Netframe LV 2000 problems... RH7.1

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 08:30:01 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Craig White on 10/4/2001 21:40 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ "David A. Sinck" wrote:
\_ >
\_ > \_ 1. Boot from hard drive
\_ >
\_ > What does it do when it tries to boot, besides 'not'?
\_ ----
\_ message similar to Unable to Find bootable OS

In the early days of RAID, there was a HOWTO on booting from a raided
root partition...perhaps you need that?

\_ I don't think it reports them as same id since RHL 7.1 sees both drives.
\_ I thought about it and said what the hey, I can create the raid arrays
\_ now at configuration - and break them later if I get the hardware raid
\_ working - it was a late decision but I am sticking with it as the best
\_ one I could make under the circumstances. Doubt that card is afu - doubt
\_ that RedHat could properly diagnoze the hardware.

I'd be interested to see if the latest SCSI drivers (eg: > rh 7.1
default) pick the card better....

David