Micron Netframe LV 2000 problems... RH7.1

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 08:08:42 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Craig White on 10/3/2001 10:46 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ So far - no traction on Redhat Seawolf list so I'll post this here too.

Get nubbier tires....

\_ 1. Boot from hard drive

What does it do when it tries to boot, besides 'not'?

\_ 2. Be able to use hardware RAID - I set it up with software RAID because
\_ it listed both hard drives and it shouldn't have. I used the hardware
\_ RAID with WinNT with no problem so I know that it works.

This seems like a problem with the card, no?  If the card is reporting
multiple drives to the bios, then the card might be afu.  Knee jerk
scsi: check the term + ids, particularly wrt to 'raid'.  (eg: does the
controller wan the raided drives to be the same id ... I think that'd
be *wrong*, but hey...).

Is your bios currentish?

\_ 3. Use SMP - it is a dual processor. I would compile a kernel but it
\_ won't work until I can boot from hard drive.

Er. What does successfull booting have to do with building a kernel?

... also, the linear mode in lilo.conf might be throwing it off...?

David