Jabber/IRC/etc (was Re: "JABBER" on the list Can't wekeep it down?)

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 22:05:23 -0700

Bob George wrote:

> "Craig White" <craigwhite@azapple.com> wrote:
>

>>[...]
>>We all have pet peeves - html mail, return receipt requests etc., posts
>>back to the lists instead of being directed to sole intended individual
>>but hey - this is a general discussion list so there really are only 3
>>options - Learn to love the irreverant/irrelevant, make sufficient use
>>of the delete key or unsubscribe.
>>

> Don't forget "master procmail" (half-serious).

------

well - my procmail scripts are pretty much limited to sorting out all
the mail lists into different mail files (folders) but if anyone wants
to offer some lessons on how to filter Jabber - I'm up for the education.

and Jabber of another sort...

I did however, learn about ORDB - Open Relay Database for cleaning up
spam - <http://www.ordb.org> and found out that there is supposed to be
someone in Phoenix - ORDL but the web site isn't responsive. Anyway,
anyone running Postfix/Sendmail server should probably check this out.

Also - another great tidbit for those running their own mail servers
that I found in July...
<ftp://ftp.rubyriver.com/pub/jhardin/antispam/procmail-security.html>

Craig