Connecting to NT printers

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:23:51 -0700

Tom Achtenberg wrote:

> The ZoneAlarm is now set so I can ping the NT server.  I can also see the
> shares including the printers with smbclient.  I still cannot print.

------
OK - you are getting closer - now...

Set Zone Alarm to allow all communications between the two computers -
then use printconf-gui - delete the existing printers - set up the laser
printer (the ink jet is a bit trickier) to use the login name/password
of the Administrator on the Windows NT box and it should print - from
that point - you will have to adjust as necessary.

By the way, now that you dropped enough Zone Alarm to print - if you
have the Windows NT Server set up as a domain controller - did you then
try the command 'smbpasswd -j DOMAIN_NAME'  ?

Craig