Woohoo!!!

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 13:05:40 -0700

Craig White wrote:

> The problem with automount is that there is no 'auto unmount' so you
> still have to manually unmount these things so it seems that there is
> little to benefit from auto mounts on removable devices.

I have not had that problem.  The drive gets auto unmounted right
after the disk buffers are flushed.  CD's will eject just like
a windows system (or Solaris).  Under the old non-automounting
systems, they would not eject until they were unmouinted.

I've trashed floppies by not unmounting them on the old systems,
but not with automounting systems.

George