PHP help

Trent Shipley plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 15:35:59 -0700

The University of Arizona doesn't allow system calls or database access from
PHP.

If you have ideas about how to keep track of the number of times a page is
served in those circumstances please let me know.

---

Also I would like to add a "last updated" PHP field using file stats as
standard to all the pages.

This is hardly a problem, but the upgrade path is.  Not only do files need to
be renamed from *.(htm|html) to *.phtml.  All the hyper-refrences of the form
[*.(htm|html)] | [*.(htm|html)#*] need to be changed to the corresponding
*.phtml[#*] form, except of course for those few references that don't need
to be changed.

--
Trent Shipley
mail:TShipley@u.arizona.edu