Read version and distro?

Bill Warner plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
15 Nov 2001 16:42:36 -0700

--=-ipeThEt0hdzmPeQUxU2j

uname -a

will give you the kernel version

/etc/issue || /etc/issue.net

will normally have the distribution in it.  but there is no
one given spot to find this information from that I know of.

Bill Warner

On Thu, 2001-11-15 at 15:54, alandd@mindspring.com wrote:
> Is there a command(s) or perhaps a file to read that will tell what kerne=
l and distro verison a Linux box is running?  A string that says "RedHat X.=
X Linux 2.x" or something like that.  Or maybe the info comes from two diff=
erent places.  Whatever.  How do I get that?
>=20
> Alan
>=20
--=20
Bill Warner
Unix/Linux Admin.
Direct Alliance Corporation

Company required stuff:

Contents are Direct Alliance Corporation Confidential

This message is for the designated recipient(s) only and contains
Direct Alliance Corporation privileged and confidential information.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the original.  Any other use of this email is prohibited.

--=-ipeThEt0hdzmPeQUxU2j

--=-ipeThEt0hdzmPeQUxU2j--