eth0 won't come up

plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:55:56 -0500

I will get more detail on the actual interface and ipchains rules out this evening.  I am at work now.

It is a ethernet port built into the motherboard on a Compaq computer.  It is not Linksys though it may be the same chip set.  It reports as a "DEC"something-or-other as I recall.

The frustrating part is that RH7.1 worked fine.  RH7.2 is broken.  Not an unheard of sequence in any OS release but it is still frustrating.

Alan

plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us wrote:

I would expect that he could use the DEC4X5 might be a better choice
than the tulip driver but I am not sure which network card that he has -
Linksys?  I have struggled with those myself. I like the SMZ EZ's
myself.

Also Alan - you apparently have some ipchains rules - can you list them
and post them - ipchains -L

Craig