eth0 won't come up

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 06:17:58 -0700

KevinO wrote:

> Alan Dayley wrote:
> >
> > Well, I went and did some research.  Seems there are significant complaints
> > about the tulip driver included in RH 7.2 when used in a DHCP client.  I
> > must do more checking to see if someone has a fix.
> >
> > In the mean time, would it be a disastrous move to try and use the tulip
> > driver that came with RH 7.1 on a 7.2 installation?  Or should I go find
> > the driver somewhere else?
> >
> > Alan
>
> Can you use another nic ? Kudzu should find it for during bootup and set
> things up for it.
>
> RTL8139s can be had from ICS computers on McClintock just south of
> Apache, west side of the road.
> They are 10/100 and $11/ea last time I checked. Driver should be
> 8139too...

I would expect that he could use the DEC4X5 might be a better choice
than the tulip driver but I am not sure which network card that he has -
Linksys?  I have struggled with those myself. I like the SMZ EZ's
myself.

Also Alan - you apparently have some ipchains rules - can you list them
and post them - ipchains -L

Craig