eth0 won't come up

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 05:52:55 -0700

At 12:14 AM 11/12/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Can you use another nic ? Kudzu should find it for during bootup and set
>things up for it.
>
>RTL8139s can be had from ICS computers on McClintock just south of
>Apache, west side of the road.
>They are 10/100 and $11/ea last time I checked. Driver should be
>8139too...

Yes, well, It is looking like I am going to have to do just that.  I have
found no answers online as the workaround that some are reporting are not
working for me.

I just didn't want to use another slot in the computer or spend the money
when there is a perfectly good NIC sitting there that was working just fine
in 7.1.  Thank you for the recomendation.

Alan