eth0 won't come up

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 15:25:03 -0700

At 03:03 PM 11/11/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Are you sure the firewall has a working DHCP server?  WinBLOWS, when you say
>to get IP via DHCP, and no DHCP is found, it'll set its own to something
>like 152.50.0.1.  In WinBLOWS, run winipcfg, click more info, and see if
>there's anything in the DHCP server field.  To get around in today's
>economy, you need to be versed in as much as you can.

Yep, I am in Win98 right now.  winipcfg shows the IP address of my firewall
in the default gateway, DNS Server and DHCP server fields.  I can email.  I
can surf.  And I know I am using the firewall to get to the net because I
can follow the physical cables and this computer is not directly connected
to the DSL modem.

Excellent tip.

Alan