support for voice-response systems?

David P. Schwartz plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 06 Nov 2001 12:36:13 -0700

Dialogic was bought by Intel about a year ago.

Their web site has some interesting stuff that's indicative of the direction Intel is going, but it looks like they've somewhat
downplayed the IVR aspects.  Maybe it's "old hat" by not.

I noticed they've got an OCX for us in Winders systems, and an SDK to go along with it.  This OCX apparently allows you to accomplish
the same thing without any special hardware, although it's unclear how the interface with the POTS is handled.  I sent them a question
and am waiting to hear back.

I'd prefer to run something like this under *nix than under Windows because it's much more stable at multi-tasking things.

-David