Trouble sending email

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 10:49:05 -0700 (MST)

Am 03. Nov, 2001 schwätzte Rick Rosinski so:

> I just found out that I can't send email through kmail anymore.  It says
> that the smtp host couldn't be found.  I am an earthlink (formerly
> mindspring) subscriber.  My "real" email address has mindspring.com.  I was
> using mail.mindspring.com for smtp.  That worked until recently (the error).
>   So, I checked the help pages on the web, and they want smtp.earthlink.net.
>   I tried that, and got the same error.  Nothing on my system has been
> changed (especially KDE).  I kept the smtp port at 25 as it was before.  I
> also tried smtp.mindspring.com, mail.earthlink.net.

There are several entries for smtp.mindspring.com as well as
mail.mindspring.com. Don't know if there should be separate entries for
.net, but try the .com machines.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/   http://www.DevelopOnline.com/
#  I'm not anti-social, I'm pro-individual. - der.hans