bigslack again

Thomas Mondoshawan Tate plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 22:52:27 -0700

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 09:58:46PM -0700, robert jorgenson wrote:
> I dont know if anyone has ever tried this but if you have you can probably
> help me :P
>=20
> i downloaded all the files and unzipped them into c:\bigslack when i was
> unzipping with plware i got a warning(12) on
> linux/usr/doc/gimp-1_0.{3i/docs/quick_re.{_e but i dont think that would
> affect this.

You're right -- it won't cause this particular issue, unless you've recieved
the same warning on more than just this file. In particular, the ones you'll
want to be wary of are files located in linux/bin, linux/usr/bin, and
linux/sbin.

> when i try and boot it i get...
>=20
> freeing unused kernel memory: 116k freed
> Warning: unable to open an initial console
> kernel panic: no init found. try passing init=3D option to kernel
>=20
> if anyone can help me with this i am prety much stuck on what to do

Hrm... Are you getting any errors like "VFS: Unable to mount root!" from the
kernel? Also, how are you attempting to boot the kernel?

--=20
Thomas "Mondoshawan" Tate
phoenix@psy.ed.asu.edu
http://tank.dyndns.org