Viewing Linux Volumes from Windows

Thomas Mondoshawan Tate plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 22:34:02 -0700

--zS7rBR6csb6tI2e1

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 03:10:00PM -0700, Victor Odhner wrote:
> I have a RedHat 7.1 system which I run via 'loadlin' on my
> Windows 98 system.  Of course it has no problem mounting
> all my partitions, but the Linux partition is invisible
> when I'm on the Windows side.  Cygwin's "mount" command
> only shows the windows partitions.
>=20
> Is there a way that I can view the Linux files from Windows?
>=20
> Vic

Since Cygwin is based upon the Win32 API, it can't see Ext2 filesystems
because Windows can't read the filesystem. You'll have to use a separate
program to do the job and, unfortunately, they seem to be limited to Windows
GUI programs. The best I've found so far has been Ext2explorer -- not quite
sure where it can be found, though. Try a google search or freshmeat -- it's
bound to be in there somewhere.

--=20
Thomas "Mondoshawan" Tate
phoenix@psy.ed.asu.edu