Where to put dev libs?

Eric Richardson plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 25 May 2001 18:27:43 -0700

der.hans,

I'll have to think about what you are saying. I think the env var you
are thinking of is LD_LIB_PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH or something like this
- it has been awhile since I have messed with that. I just know that
every day someone is doing this stuff and there has to be an easy way.
Maybe our resident KDE guru knows how to keep these libs from
conflicting. I'm might be being over cautious but I don't have a lot of
extra boxes to do work on.

The "make install" puts the headers and libs in /usr/local but that's
where the libgnome 1.0 is located.

Anyway, have a good holiday - you've given me plenty of things to look
into.

Eric