mysql problem

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 23 May 2001 07:29:14 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Rick Rosinski on 5/22/2001 22:53 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ I am using mySQL 3.23.33.
\_
\_ Once, I had backed up my entire var directory into var.bak, but I made the
\_ mistake of putting that subdirectory in var  ... so var/var.bak.  Now,
\_ var.bak shows up in the list of databases that I have.  The var.bak
\_ subdirectory is long gone, but I can't get rid of var.bak from my database
\_ list.  When I invoke "drop database var.bak;", I get an error "You have an
\_ error in your sql ... near '.bak'".  I don't know what to do about this, and
\_ I need some help.

Have you tried cycling mysql?

Perhaps create a dummy directory and drop that?

David