Newreader recommendation?

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 21 May 2001 12:02:55 -0700

Alan Dayley wrote:
> Try navigating the newsgroup tree to find comp.os.ms-windows.nt.kernel-mode.
> Imagine navigating/searching for that newsgroup without knowing the
> "comp.os.ms-windows" part.
>
> 1. Can't just search for "kernel" to find it.
> 2. The entire group name does not fit in the display.  The name column cannot
> be stretched far enough to see it and there is no horizontal scroll bar to
> see the rest of the name.

Okay, cool... apparently you just need to upgrade KNode :-)

Here's what I am doing on the current KNode:

I go to Group -> Subscribe to Newsgroups.  At the top of the dialog is
a "Filter" linedit.  I type "kernel" in it As I type "kernel", the
sorted list of newgroups updates itself in realtime to all groups that
match that search.  By the time I finish typing "kernel", there are 9
groups left showing.. one of which is
"comp.os.ms-windows.nt.kernel-mode".  Simple!

This is KNode 0.5.2.  I'm not entirely sure what version was in KDE
2.1.1... but this is definitely in the KDE 2.2alpha release and will
be in KDE 2.2 stable when it's released.
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop