Upgrade to Redhat 7.1/Windows causes Samba/Windows98 Failure

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 17 May 2001 09:27:35 -0700

be careful with smb.conf - I think that the upgrade might have put the new
smb.conf in /etc/samba folder - thus you may have 2 copies of smb.conf on
your computer.

also - make sure that the workgroup in smb.conf and in your 'identification'
tab of the network control panel are the same.

Nothing in windows 98 changed from Win98 to Win98SE that would change
networking.

Craig

- Craig White - PO Box 8634 - Scottsdale, Arizona - 85252
- e-mail address ................ - CraigWhite@AzApple.com
- world wide web address ........ - http://www.AzApple.com
- e-mail my pager address ....... - 6023779752@airtouch.net
- cellular phone ................ - (602) 377-9752
- voice/facsimile ............... - (480) 945-8445