burning audio cd with xcdroast 0.98/0.96

Rick Rosinski plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 16 May 2001 19:49:47 -0700

I use cdrecord to burn audio files to CD, and it works flawlessly.

I have a scsi CDR and here's what I do:

cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=0,6,0 -audio track1.wav track2.wav ...

Check out the CD-Writing HOWTO.

On Wednesday 16 May 2001 13:39, you wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm new to the world of cd-burning on Linux. I'm using xcdroast and have
> been successfully able to burn data cds. However, to date I havent been
> successful in burning audio cds from wav files.
> I spent last 2.5 weeks going thru mailing lists, and tried out the
> following:
>
> Have wav files to be burnt as audio disks (playbale by stereo systems)
>
> 1.  Used xcdroasd 0.98Alpha8. It does NOT have "fix wav files" option.
> And Its does Not show .cda/.cdr files either. So I burnt wav to audio.
> Result: Playble on computer. Disc not recognized on 5 stereo systems + 1
> car player.
>
> 2.  Used Sox to convert the fwav files to .cdr, then burn using
> xcdroast0.96e with and without "fix
>       wav files"
> Result: Same as above
>
> 3. Burnt striaght wav files using xcdroast 0.98e, with and without "fix
> wav files" option.
> Result same as above.
>
> I dont want to stoop to the level of having to resort to winblows for
> burning audio. Pleae Help!!
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Aaditya Rai
> Speedera Networks.
>
> "If you and I agree on everything then one of us is unneccessary."

> This message is for the named person(s) use only.  It may contain
> confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No
> If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
> all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
> notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
> distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the
> intended recipient. SPEEDERA NETWORKS, INC. reserves the right to
> monitor all e-mail communications through its network.

Rick Rosinski
http://rickrosinski.com
rick@rickrosinski.com