WordPerfect -> XML?

Trent Shipley plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 16 May 2001 11:48:08 -0700

I'm a long-time WordPerfect user, but it is time to move on.  In an MS Word
world the incompatibility is annoying.  Also, I can never quite get it to
format the dissertation quite right.

Besides it only runs on Windows, Red Hat . . . and Debian.  (Debian is ok,
but the last time I installed it, it took forever.  Both Debian and FreeBSD
give me w-a-y more installation control than I usually want.  It's also hard
to get a copy.)

WP will work on SGML and XML, but it won't dump a WP file to XML.  It will
dump to text, html, or rtf.

Should I migrate to XML?  Is there a good XML editor (besides WP) for both
Windows and *NIX?  What about an XML to PostScript translator?

Trent Shipley

Work:
(602) 522-7502
mailto:tshipley@symbio-tech.com