iptables & PATH

plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
14 May 2001 14:34:55 -0700

well,
unless I miss my guess, IPTABLES is located in /sbin.

if you are creating a script, I would recommend using the
entire path to iptables on each line

(such as: /sbin/iptables <rule here>)

and then run it as rc.firewall.

It gets around the path problem and allows you to run it even when
the system path ghasn't been set yet.

I hope this helps you out.

Technomage Hawke (pardon the referenceto B-5 here...) :)

On Mon, 14 May 2001, Michael J . Schweppe wrote:

> Hi Hawke:
>
> I need some help here.  I just installed 7.1 as you may have seen from
> the list.  Presently I'm trying to configure a firewall script.  In
> the script it mentions that it will try to detect iptables in my path.
>
> My root path shows:
>
>     PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:$PATH:$Home/bin
>
> My username path shows:
>
>     PATH=$PATH:$Home/bin
>
> Now, for the life of me I cann

ot locate iptables.  I know it exist