Hang up on Second reboot of Red Hat 7.1

Michael J. Schweppe plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 13 May 2001 01:20:04 -0700

On Sun, 13 May 2001 01:12:45 -0700 (MST), Nick Estes
<nick@nickstoys.com> wrote:

>Sounds like a dns problem, happens a lot with sendmail, just let it sit
>there for a while and it'll eventually move on in the bootup
>process. (5-10 minutes depending on how it's configured)  Once it's up
>check your config, make sure dns is working, and also double check that
>sendmail can figure out it's correct hostname (if it can't, you can hard
>code it in the sendmail.cf file)

Thanks Nick.  I did enter some dns info in more than one area [I tried
unsuccessfully to load a fw script and then tried RH's utility.  I'm
sure this caused some confusion] and one of them was incorrect now
that I think of it...Hey it just moved on :-) as I was typing this.

Thanks for the early morning response!

Mike