just incase you missed it

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 08 May 2001 10:18:05 -0700

I would agree that the source code can work to the defenders advantage as well
as an attacker.  If you have a firewall with something like Snort
(www.snort.org) with spade or guardian to block attacking ip's and you look at
the source of the exploit, the defender could write a new rule to defend against
the attack.  But I also agree that the general discussion forum is not a place
to post things of this nature.  There is a security list for plug as well as
other lists such as security focus, or snort, or whitehats....