MTU MRU settings on ppp

kyle plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 7 May 2001 07:58:50 -0700 (PDT)

Good Morning All,

I just recently setup a linux router using ip masq and
i am running into some problems. I have that problem
of some websites not loading, but others work fine. My
problem is the mtu and mrt settings are below 1500.
When i run ifconfig before i dial up using pppoed it
shows that mtu is 1500 on all my ethernet devices.
When i dial up using pppoed it shows ppp0 with a mtu
of 1490. I have tried settings this option in
/etc/ppp/options. I have tried forcing it to load this
file and use it upon connecting
pppoed -F /etc/ppp/options. I am kinda stuck now
because i do not know where to set this at. Any help
would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,
-Kyle