Not your father's Linux

Dennis Kibbe plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 4 May 2001 06:04:19 -0700

> Very good idea. I've been told in the past that Fry's corp was very
> opposed to working with Linux. ,,, Things might've changed, though.

Hopefully things have changed. Fry's does stock a number of distros and I'
think that if we can show the local managers the $$ benefit, we might be able
to get a foot in the door.

> With the NPO we could do well to organize with a corp office such as Fry's
> CompUSA, etc. We could open the doors throughout .az.us and maybe even for
> other locations through one statewide group.

Sort of like a local clearing house for all things Linux?

Dennis
--
Mögen hätten wir schon wollen - aber trauen haben wir uns nicht dürfen!
- Karl Valentin