Not your father's Linux

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 3 May 2001 23:56:51 -0700 (MST)

Am 03. May, 2001 schwäzte Dennis Kibbe so:

> The article brought this idea to mind. What if we could demo Linux at Fry's
> Electronics one Saturday out of every month? It would, at least, show those

Very good idea. I've been told in the past that Fry's corp was very
opposed to working with Linux. This was from customers and employees of
Fry's alike. Things might've changed, though. Also, I bet we have other
stores in town that would work with us. RadioShack.com was pleased with
their sponsorship of the Linux Demo Days last year. I'm certain we could
get in there again. I could also get us in the local stores for PC Club.

With the NPO we could do well to organize with a corp office such as Fry's
CompUSA, etc. We could open the doors throughout .az.us and maybe even for
other locations through one statewide group.

> that only know what MS sells them what a modern Linux desktop looks like and
> help counter some of the MS FUD.
>
> Ideally, Fry's would let PLUG install a distro on one of their display
> computers (I'm assuming NONE of them currently run Linux) and 1 or 2 PLUG

Nope. None do.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.Aligo.com
#  A Polish friend of mine got an offer for a free account from AOL. The