KDE menu question

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 2 May 2001 09:20:14 -0700

foodog wrote:
> Thanks, Kurt - and everyone else who helped.  The sad truth is that I'm
> still running KDE 1.1.2.  I guess I have a really good excuse to try and
> upgrade it now. <shudder>
>
> Um, er.. Do you have a suggestion for a "least likely to hose
> everything" upgrade method for RH 6.2, 7.0? :-)  Could I use the source
> RPMs from RH 7.1?

We tried to make the upgrade pretty painless no matter what system you
are running.  Using the "normal" RPMs for 6.2 and 7.0 should work just
fine.  Don't try to recompile the 7.x SRPMs unless you have *way* too
much time on your hands and are an expert on RPMs and the KDE build
system.
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop