Opening urls in kmail

Kurt Granroth kurt@granroth.org
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 11:20:08 -0700

Rick Rosinski wrote:
> I get "pixie" instead of Konqueror when I click on a url that
> references an item in Ebay.  I am referring to an already read email
> with the item reference.  Yesturday, it worked fine, bringing up
> Konqueror, but now today it brings up "pixie".  This "pixie" came up
> before.  How do I make it to where Konqueror comes up no matter
> what, when I click on a url?

Actually, if Konqueror came up yesterday when you clicked on a URL
that referenced an image, then it was not "working fine".. it was
broken.  The *correct* reaction is to start up the image view -- pixie
in this case :-)

If you really want to use Konqueror instead of pixie in *this* case
(not sure why), it may be possible.  This won't be trivial, though.
This is because in KDE, *all* file and server references are done
using URLs.  By that I mean that ALL applications use URLs, not just
Konqueror.  So specifying that all URLs will be handled by Konqueror
will completely break KDE... and thus is not possible.

What might be possible is to specify that certain file types (image
files, for instance) always be handled by Konqueror, even if there is
a better handler for them.  I'll look into that.
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop