Cox - is 2 for 1 possible?

Ed Cernek cernek@home.com
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 09:13:51 -0700

Hi Paul.

I have several machines connected to cox@home, windows and linux, all
capable of accessing the internet at the same time. I believe the extra
$5.00 per month is if you want additional "public" IP addresses;
$5.00/mo. for each additional. I was set up like that for a while when
my son was still at home and I didn't have the linksys. I am now using a
linksys router box and 192.168.y.x series addresses on the "private"
side. Works for me. I went the linksys route instead of something like
GNATBox or LRP (Linux Router Project) because I am not personally
comfortable with these boxes running at home, unattended. Probably
wholly illogical and unjustified, but there it is.

Ed.