No eth0:

Deepak Saxena deepak@csociety.purdue.edu
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 23:20:47 -0500

On Mar 29 2001, at 20:51, Trent Shipley was caught saying:
> Once upon a time I built a nice box and put a LinkSys 100/10 Mbit/sec
> ethernet card in it.  However, since there was no network to connect it to
> at the time, I never configured the box for networking.

cat /proc/pci and see if it actually sees it as a tulip. Email that to
us Also, what kernel are you running? Earlier tulip drivers were fscked
up AFAIK.

> -- Item: Can SUSE be used to upgrade a Red Hat installed system?  (Never
> liked Red Hat anyway.)

Sounds very scary.  I wouldn't try it myself.

> ----However, the ~/home directory is not only on its own partition, its on a
> separate disk.  If it comes to it, can I pull the data hard drive, install
> SUSE, then somehow merge the two home directories??

you can keep the drive in, install suses, and tell it to mount that drive
as /home and not to format it.  I do that with RH all the time when I
upgrade (I do a full reinistall as RH upgrade has never worked for me)
 as my /home is on a different partition.

~Deepak

--
Deepak Saxena - deepak@csociety.purdue.edu - phone://602.790.0500

Code Monkey, MontaVista Software, Inc. - THE Embedded Linux Experts

call me 'evil' call me 'tide is on your side' anything that you want
anybody knows you can conjure anything by the dark of the moon
  - Tori Amos, "Suede"