Updating slack

Jeffrey Pyne jpyne@worldatwork.org
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:22:54 -0700

I, too, was waiting for Slackware 7.2 (or 8.0 or whatever they're gonna call
it) to move to "release" status.  This weekend, I gave up waiting, and
upgraded my Slackware 7.1 machine to Slackware 7.2 (from
ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-current).  They're still
including the 2.2.18 kernel, but I just restored my 2.4.x kernels and
lilo.conf.  They do include KDE 2.1, QT 2.3.0, XFree86 4.0.3, MySQL 3.23.35
and Apache 1.3.19.  So far, I'm happy with the upgrade (especially with
KDE-2.1, which I could not seem to install on 7.1-- either from source or
the package I got from linuxmafia.org).

~Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Rosinski [mailto:rick@rickrosinski.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 3:08 PM
To: PLUG
Subject: Updating slack

I am too impatient.  So, I will ask the unanswerable question.  Does anybody

have *any* idea as to when the next Slack version will be posted?  After
seeing the latest changes for the past month in the changelog, I thought it
would be released any time soon.  Any ideas?

--
Rick Rosinski
http://rickrosinski.com