Intel Solaris.

Don Harrop don@nis4u.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:09:36 -0700

I don't have a SPARC but I got the Intel version of Solaris 8.  I'm slightly bummed tho.  The nei driver for NE2000 cards isn't shipped with Solaris 8.  You have to grab the one from Solaris 7 and install it manually.  Oh well,  I like the functionality of Linux better anyway.  Probably because that's where I started learning Unix...  Or mabye it's because Solaris took out the virtual console switching in Solaris 8 too.. :-(  I wish they would stop taking out features.  Did SPARC Solaris 8 loose the virtual console as well?

>Excellent.  Good luck on setting up that sparc.  Real nerds have Sparcs at home. :)))  Have you subscribed to the "Suns at home" list?
Check here:

Suns-at-Home mailing list
Suns-at-Home@net-kitchen.com