Three NIC problem

Bob George plug@bobspc.dhs.org
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:35:49 -0700

"Craig White" <craigwhite@azapple.com> wrote:
> [...]
> I would like to see this topic remain public and not private so I can
> benefit from learning about 3 NIC setup since I am going to be trying to
do
> a similar thing.

Are there any particular issues you're concerned about? I've got 3 10/100
ethernet plus a token ring port going on my firewall at present. I'm using
Debian on a 2.4.1 kernel to support my internal LAN (general usage), DMZ
(mail, web servers), and lab (Cisco router pod). NAT to the Internet as
well. It's working great. In fact, a few of us are using Zebra to test
various BGP routing scenarios (GRE tunnels between Cisco and Linux devices).
I'd be happy to share my notes.

- Bob