Three NIC problem

Bob George plug@bobspc.dhs.org
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 18:13:02 -0700

"David Demland" <ddemland@cadtel.com> wrote:

> [...]
> Question:
>
> How do I get the Storm box to route both of the functioning gateway IPs
out
> the third NIC to the router? I thought I had the routing table and the
NICs
> configured right but I can not get anything to pass out the third NIC.

Can we assume that the 3rd NIC is up and running OK? You'd typically just
have static routes pointing to your local subnets as appropriate, and a
default route pointing to the Cisco router. You mentioned that the Storm box
is also acting as a firewall. Are you using NAT? Could that be the issue?
Can you ping the Cisco router from the Storm box?

Dump us your configs, routing tables and traceroutes and some more ideas may
be forthcoming.

(FYI: You could also bind multiple secondary IPs to the Cisco router's
internal port, and use IT as your firewall. The capabilities will depend on
who manages it, and what feature set you've purchased.)

Good luck!

- Bob