Advice

George Toft george@georgetoft.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:15:51 -0700

That's what I did at my last job.  My 30 seconds were focused on:
How long at each job.
Did he/she put the skills I asked for on the resume.
Education.

I had one resume that actually said Linux as a skill, as this was a
Linux position (98% of the resumes had MS all over it).  I asked
him if he knew anything about Linux.  He said "What do you mean?"
I replied: "Do you know more than just how to spell it?"  He responded
by pressing one of the buttons on the phone keypad, and hung up on
me.  My reaction: Filing the resume in the "No Way" pile.

We each have our ways of filtering candidates (or employers).

George