makedepend

Marc Chung Marc Chung <mchung@asu.edu>
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 01:01:23 -0700 (MST)

While compiling fetchmail, running ``make'' biffed the process and spat
out an error basically saying that it couldn't find ``makedepend''

A search indicated that ``makedepend'' was located in some X-devel
package.  I had hoped to keep the box X free, pun intended.  Is there some
work around this?  Or does it really matter, and should I just apt-get
whatever I need?

I'm running Debian, potato, pretty much stock-installed stuff.  I'm
finding myself spending a lot more time on fixing dependency issues, and
being the victim of licensing issues (such as Pine and KDE), rather than
opening myself up to a (gn)ew experience, pun also intended. :)

Much appreciated,

--
Marc Chung
mchung@asu.edu