Need ISP!!!

plug@arcticmail.com plug@arcticmail.com
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:23:45 -0700

Here's what I think of when you say "static IP."

Every time I dial in and authenticate, I'm assigned
the same IP address.  The IP address that I'm
assigned is for MY exclusive use (i.e., no other
dialup customer will EVER be assigned my IP
address, unless I stop paying my bills).  Thus,
I could use a third-party DNS service (unless
you offer to provide DNS also) to establish an
"A" resource record for "thisismyipaddressnotyours.com"
that points to the IP address that you have exclusively
assigned to me.

You have a class C.  Do you intend to have 252
(or fewer) customers or something?

Or am I confused?