log munging in rpmland

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 12:38:41 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

any suggestions on what to use for log munging for rh and mandrake
dists? I'm needing to be quite proactive with logfiles and I want
something prepackaged so bugfixes, etc. get installed automagically.

I'll be monitoring multiple machines, so email notification is a must.

I'm using logcheck under debian. Works OK, but not as smart as I'd
like. Suggestions for something better would be cool :).

portsentry from the same place that makes logcheck is on the 3rd party cd
from rh, but I don't see logcheck anywhere.

I am most interested in rh 6.2 and 7.x, but also need something for
mandrake.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
#  Help Jerry Lewis stamp out M$...oops that's MDA - der.hans