kernel install

Chris Jensen emcis@yahoo.com
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:56:30 -0800 (PST)

When I first recompiled 2.4.0 on my Slack box, I was told to put it in
/boot, but it never would boot so I put it in / and it works just fine.
You'd have to adjust the path in lilo.conf accordingly and probably
re-run lilo. Also, did you notice any compiling errors? I had problems
with 2.4.0 and OS/2 file system files. If I tried to compile in the
ability to read it, then it would fail to compile properly. I didn't
notice it until, probably, the six or seventh time I tried to compile
it, but it showed up in the compiling output. I disabled it, recompiled
and it worked much better. 2.4.0 is a great kernel, but not perfect by
a long shot. Anybody tried 2.4.2 yet?