Fwd: UCITA has landed in AZ.

Jim farli@qwest.net
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 16:22:39 -0700

Subject: UCITA has landed in AZ.
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 16:10:15 -0700
From: Shadow <shadow@DIGITALNIRVANA.COM>
To: ASULUG@asu.edu

For those of you who haven't heard yet, the Uniform Computer Information
Transactions Act (UCITA) has been introduced into the Arizona House of
Representatives as HB2041.

It's now our turn to fight and defeat a bad law that is
anti-competitive, anti-business and anti-consumer.  If we can win this
fight quickly and soundly, we can set the tone for the remaining 47
States that this bill will inevitably be presented to.

I have started a support center on my website at:

http://digitalnirvana.com/fight_ucita

At this point, I have setup a general FAQ and a perl script that will
serve personalized Rich Text Format letters that can be sent directly to
your legislators and the governor.  I hope to be adding a mail list, a
petition and more letters soon.

If you can do nothing else than send a letter your legislators, it will
be enough.  If you can do more than that, let me know.  This is too
important not to take up arms against.

Chris Lewis
shadow@digitalnirvana.com
Where are we going and why am I in
this Handbasket?

Jim

Bliss comes from within, ignorance from without